Posts by freelikegnu

freelikegnu
Posted on 2024-01-21 19:14 - in setting up mime for Firefox after compiling Principia on Linux (edited 2024-01-21 19:14) Link

I compiled and ran Principia just fine (actually its awesome!) but Firefox does not do anything with principia:// urls. (I thought it would at least ask what to do) I've looked up some mime type information and found some clues in the packaging/ folder but something is not clicking with me to understand. Please advise. Thank you!

freelikegnu
Posted on 2024-01-22 00:57 - in setting up mime for Firefox after compiling Principia on Linux (edited 2024-01-22 01:26) Link

Thanks for the suggestions: I edited and added principia.desktop and principia-url-handler.desktop to ~/.local/share/applications

I can now run Principia from the Xcfe menu, but Firefox refuses to do anything. Tried again after reboot with same results.

Also tried with Chrome and got a location not supported error: https://imgur.com/2gZt0RB.png

EDIT: OK I figured it out: I had to edit the handlers.json in the firefox profile folder and add

"principia":{"action":2,"handlers":[{"name":"principia","path":"/path_to_folder_with_executable/principia"}],

within the list of existing handlers. There must be a way that does not require editing the file directly but at least it works now.

freelikegnu
Posted on 2024-01-23 16:51 - in games similar to Apparatus/Principia (edited 2024-01-23 16:54) Link

Pinball Construction Set for the Apple II was probably one of the first physics sandbox games for the home computer. I played this as a kid. I loved the Little Big Planet series and had fun making a pinball game for that too! I almost forgot to mention Rigs of Rods as another complex FOSS physics sandbox.

freelikegnu
Posted on 2024-02-09 15:20 - in Moving away from GitHub? Link

Posted by ROllerozxa
Unless Github does a Sourceforge I don't see any reason to completely move off of it.

Is it me or does the pot of water feel a bit warmer?

http://techrights.org/n/2024/02/06/GitHub_is_Still_Waning_Under_Microsoft_No_Wonder_It_Shut_Down_I.shtml