Building Contest - Destruction Frenzy

(Avatar)
ROllerozxa
Posted on 2024-08-01 13:31 Link

After a long time of no contests, the first Principia building contest after the game's open source release is now live.

For more details see the contest's page. This forum thread acts as a longer form discussion board than the contest comments section.

(Avatar)
ROllerozxa
Posted on 2024-08-15 22:03 Link

The contest is now over! The winners of the contest have been selected, and below is also some feedback for every entry from me.

1st place: Imperfect Balance by Blue_Beaker

Very well made minigame with the objective of clearing all objects from the board by placing objects into it. I personally enjoyed playing it very much and eventually managed to get a clean score of 100 after a hour or two of combined gameplay. :)

2nd place: N/A

Because of the lack of interest in the contest I didn't feel it was appropriate to nominate a 2nd place. So it is empty.

Feedback for other entries

• Robot Scrapper by Miner34: Grinding up robots are always fun. Back in the day we used to make extravagant contraptions to rip dummies apart, but with the release of Principia 1.5 the robots became more modular making it possible to rip those apart too. Very destructive, and interesting way of integrating a leaderboard by incrementing the score for each spawned robot and ending the game when the motor is "overheated".
  • Air Plane by Galaxium: This submission made me realise I should have noted not to directly reference real-world accidents by name, but it is generic enough that I hope nobody has an issue with it. Watching all the planks fall down is rather satisfying and it's nice that the camera changes focus on the planks once the airplane flies away seemingly unscathed.
  • Split by NoenD_io: There really should have been some kind of interactivity to the level. Not much else to say about it.
  • Angry Birds Level 2-5 but it's raining mines by Galaxium: I mean the title is not wrong. There's not much else to the level after 10 seconds though when the mines have blown away everything.
pele
Posted on 2024-09-13 19:43 Link

Congratulation to the first place winner!! they really deserve the first place. when is next contest?

GREETINGS ^_^