Discussing what can be added to Principia in future

SIMAPRINCIP
Posted on 2022-11-13 20:13 Link

It would probably be nice to add in future versions Principia some new details ... I always dreamed of seeing mini multi-emitter to fire your crafting projectiles! =)

(Avatar)
ROllerozxa
Posted on 2022-12-21 14:14 Link

I've thought about having the LuaScript object being expanded to morph into the model of any signaling object. Instead of it being like now where it has a single model with 4 outputs and 4 inputs, it'd be possible to turn it into the 1i1o object model, the 8-splitter model, the Robot Manager model... And be able to use all those sockets.

Basically it'd allow for creating custom objects written with Lua to a larger extent than we have currently.

SIMAPRINCIP
Posted on 2023-01-04 10:14 Link

Yes, that would be really great. =)

RI7
Posted on 2023-03-11 14:37 Link

More Variable stuff can be helpfull

(Avatar)
ROllerozxa
Posted on 2023-03-25 19:31 Link

Posted by RI7
More Variable stuff can be helpfull

In what way? Principia Lua scripts already have all the variables you could need, and then there's the analog variables that can be set either through Lua or with the Var getter and setters. :)

(Avatar)
MARRA92-AGAIN
Posted on 2024-08-19 11:31 Link

Sublayer plastic beams would be a great thing, could finally color em with proper look!

(Avatar)
MARRA92-AGAIN
Posted on 2024-08-30 19:56 Link

Also search results could show levels that contain the searched words in the level description.

• editing level description by the site instead of reuploading ( metadata edit give error)
(Avatar)
ROllerozxa
Posted on 2024-08-30 20:08 Link

Posted by MARRA92-AGAIN
editing level description by the site instead of reuploading ( metadata edit give error)

The metadata edit page was disabled due to someone exploiting some vulnerability in it to bring down the site. Someone needs to fully fuzz it to make sure it is safe but nobody wants to do it.

(Avatar)
MARRA92-AGAIN
Posted on 2024-08-30 22:07 (edited 2024-08-30 22:12) Link

thats sad to hear:/ btw i think one kool feature would be hotkey for pivot/fixed interlayer joining, and also a feature that prevent any sort of movement and rotation of items that are attached to pixel or platforms EVEN in selectmode, thru a check option maybe. I had countles events where i realize after a lot that some parts moved tiny distance away because of that ( i now use the dragselect selection thing so i avoid that) ALso alterable behavior on fluid, like color, and the force with which the balls change size while taking speed / I will donate for the game in few days <3

just noticed my profile pic (small enough) doesnt show up

(Avatar)
ROllerozxa
Posted on 2024-08-31 00:30 Link

Posted by MARRA92-AGAIN
thats sad to hear:/

Yeah it was a bit unfortunate, they brought down the site for several hours while I was asleep right before the last contest was about to end. I think I found the vulnerability they used and have patched it, but I am not generally confident about the safety of the lvledit executable unless someone who knows how to properly fuzz something (not me) can verify it. I've sandboxed it for now which should mitigate any damage that may occur.

Posted by MARRA92-AGAIN
Search results could show levels that contain the searched words in the level description

I improved the search page a bit. There is now fulltext search across both principia-web and the archive, a checkbox to also search in descriptions, and a checkbox to enable advanced boolean mode search.

Posted by MARRA92-AGAIN
hotkey for pivot/fixed interlayer joining

Yes! I've always found it inconvenient that it defaults to the stiff connection with the keybind. It should bring up the connection type selection mode, where each button also has a respective keybind.

Posted by MARRA92-AGAIN
ALso alterable behavior on fluid, like color, and the force with which the balls change size while taking speed

There's some unused code for multicoloured fluid, I haven't tested it but may be sorta functional. The fluid simulation in Principia is based on LiquidFun which has all sorts of other knobs that would be interesting to allow to be configured.

Posted by MARRA92-AGAIN
just noticed my profile pic (small enough) doesnt show up

It needs to be smaller than 180x180, smaller than 80KiB and in PNG format. It's a bit picky, it should preferrably be able to resize profile pictures on its own by processing the image on the server but I didn't do that when I first implemented profile pictures and I haven't gotten to it yet...

Posted by MARRA92-AGAIN
I will donate for the game in few days <3

Thanks <3 I appreciate it. The server costs aren't very high but it's still one less worry for me if/when the operating costs for the project becomes fully self-sufficient off of donations.

(Avatar)
MARRA92-AGAIN
Posted on 2024-08-31 01:49 Link

YAY thanks i missed the png requirement, now it works.

I really love this game and Ill try pull up some ideas.

I think an useful feature could be item groups, for example i select 10 motors and make group "abc", when i click a motor it shows me the group it is part of, with the option to change motor force % of all grouped item, or not in case of need.

I would also increase maximum zoom-out in sandbox or game too, can be useful at times when drawing huge terrain or long stuff like rails.

New cables item, instead of arch between in and out (i mean the wire look itself) we could get a interpolar cable layout to better fit some builds.

More fractions for mulad or sub style items, with eventual manual input (example divide value by 3) and higher max multiply with same manual option input. / same for moving average, it would be cool see a value when changing its inertia value.

pure Delay electronic item, which apply X millisec before letting signal out.

Let all motors and servo to work also at +0.50/-0.50 values, which now disable them.

Increase linear alignment force on spring dampers, improve behavior of wheel item on painte terrain (jumps a little even on flat)

Multiselect menu could get feature to select a single layer instead of layer+everything on lower layer too (selecting all L2 stuff with L3 hidden to view will select all L2 and L1 stuff)

Sublayer planks should be changed so sublayer 1 and 2 won't hit a plastic beam on same layer (sublayer 0 and 3 already don't hit them), aswell as not hitting electronics or mechanical elements who occupy full layer height.

signal split items for power cables and interface cables so we can reduce number of CT's in case of needing to run several motors all the same way

to be continued :D

pele
Posted on 2024-09-13 11:48 Link

I would like more EXPLOSIVES! what about dynamite block which you can explode with signal, or explosives that will shatter objects in half and break them and then fire when power objects break and wood burns up.

GREETINGS ^_^